Monday, July 16, 2007

Stayin' Alive


...but barely! The Griffindor Scarf of Doom is about to put me right to sleep. It is about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and I can barely keep my eyes open. In case you're wondering, I'm less than 1/2 way done with Stripe #12 (which puts me more than half way done with the scarf--proof of a merciful God). My jogless joins look a little joggier than I'd hoped but I have several more stripes to practice on.

On the positive side, working with the Cascade 220 Superwash is a dream. What a wonderful yarn! I don't think I have ever used the Superwash before. It is so soft and yet crisp all at the same time. I love it. Another positive is that this will make a truly warm & comforting scarf (if I don't die of boredom before it is done). The Irish & Celtic Music podcast has kept me company quite a bit today. Thank you, Marc Gunn.

The truth is I would love to have a nice warm scarf like this, and maybe I would feel better about it if I weren't under a deadline. I think that's the secret to enjoying making one of these--that or taking up machine knitting!

4 comments:

Heather said...

but think of the good mom points you're racking up...as Joe's mom would say, "jewels in your crown, honey...jewels in your crown..."

Elizabeth said...

My grandma used to say that too.

Jamisyn said...

Oh yeah, I love the superwash too. I've only used it for a shrug and a couple scarves, but I really do love it. And the recipients of the scarves thought the wool was just wonderfully soft!

Marc Gunn said...

You're welcome!