Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm Almost There...

I've finished two more scarves for the Basket o' Scarves! That leaves just one (Branching Out) to be finished for Christmas...which I should be able to do this weekend...

I can't tell you how glad I am to be done with this one. It's a plain old 2X2 rib using Cascade 220. I love 220, but got really tired of the ribbing and the color. I'm not sure if I'll stretch it out a little when I block it (I would if it was for me) or just wash it to soften it up a little. We'll see how I feel tonight when blocking time rolls around.

I'm also a little undecided about Danica. I used Berrocco Ultra Alpaca, which I love...and the entrelac was a really fun process...I just am not sure how I feel about the look. The back ends up pretty messy, so I wish I was skilled enough to sew a silky lining on the back or something clever like that...but oh, well. It's done.



2 comments:

Michaela said...

Very nice...but what is this blocking you speak of????? Help. Teach. Mold.

Heather said...

Oh...I'll fill you in in a few days...can't wait to come home!