Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Think Only Knitters Would Understand...

An email exchange, in reverse:

Amanda: You just made me laugh out loud. I can't imagine what people would think if a foot arrived from Thailand.

Heather: I know what you mean...I was just sure it wouldn't be on ebay, but Joe said "Let's try" and just typed "mannequin foot" into a search and a bunch came up. And heads and torsos. And inflatable legs. It was a little freaky. I always have my ebay stuff delivered to me at work, so it was pretty funny when I got a package from Thailand, opened it up and took out a foot.

Amanda: Ah! I'm so jealous! I've always wanted a mannequin foot! Seriously. And a head. Not a hand so much...but a head and a foot sure would be nice sometimes. (Okay...someone who is not a knitter would so not understand this conversation...)

Heather: I'm going to have a shop sample up at RK in the next day or so...if you want to check it out. I used Louet Gems. I even bought a mannequin foot on ebay to use with them...they really need to be stretched out for full view...

And, as a side note...

The angel whose name is Courage is protecting the Francie Sock from Scott Farkus, who is being held back by Johnny Bravo and Hey Arnold. A couple of my staff guys had some time to kill on the day I had the sock and mannequin foot in my office....





2 comments:

Toni said...

I saw that in RK on Saturday and thought it was pretty neat. Great way to display that sock pattern.

Jamisyn said...

Who's been sniffing the wool?