Saturday, November 8, 2008

Have camera, will blog!

I have a camera again!! Yeah! I've missed being able to post pictures of my knitting and life in general. Last summer I enjoyed a wonderful canoeing trip on the Wabash. This was the last picture I enjoyed taking with my old camera.

Apparently the camera got wet after that and thus I have been incommunicado in the blogosphere. But now I am back!

Even though I don't approve of Christmas trees in November, I was delighted to see how Milissa set up the River Knits tree for the Holiday Open House! It is full of knitterly goodies that would delight even Scrooge on Christmas day!

Best are the wooly socks hung on the wall with our names on them. But if you want to see them, stop by soon. After Thanksgiving they'll be heading across the globe to warm over the feet of over 500 kids and teens living in orphanages in 2 cities in Kazakhstan. They are all part of the sock drive we've been contributing to all summer for Mittens for Akkol. If you'd like to contribute, ask me how! Meanwhile we're knitting up some slippers for the girls at Cary Home. Ladies size medium is what is needed, as well as warm hats & warm scarves and mittens.

So what's on my needles? Well I just finished a pair of Fetching mitts for my daughter. She is in her "black phase" now, so I chose a mostly black colorway of Karaoke and she is quite pleased. They go with her black coat. And black eyeliner. And black fingernails... You get the idea.

1 comment:

Jamisyn said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about the camera. At least you not having one is why you haven't posted pictures...I'm just lazy. I went through that black phase too. Love the mitts.