Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Isn't She Lovely?

I'm in deep smit. I am smitten with this sock. (If only I had the photography skills to do it justice...)

The pattern is "Rib and Cable Sock" by Nancy Bush and it's from, I think, the Fall 2005 issue of Interweave Knits. I've had this pattern in the back of my mind for a long time (well, since fall 2005) but haven't found the right yarn for it.

Then came Friday, March 21, 2008. I had the day off. I had the day off with my children in school and my husband at work. I was going to knit and watch movies all day. Thursday night I had been feeling discouraged...I knew I had all day Friday to knit without interruption, but had no projects I was really excited about on the needles.

Then came Friday, March 21, 2008. I dropped Josie off at school and went straight to River Knits. I found some Jitterbug sock yarn that I loved. I went home and cast on for this sock. I knit on it all day. It was wonderful. The yarn was wonderful. The pattern was fun. The results were encouraging. I knit on them while I watched a favorite literary adaptation featuring the latest pretend person I'm crushing on. For 6 hours.

If I hadn't slept all day Sunday, this sock would have been done early Sunday afternoon. As it happened...I finished it last night. I can't wait to cast on for the second sock tonight.

No comments: