Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Too Bad...

After hearing about the tornadoes in Arkansas last night, we had to call Joe's mom this morning...she and three of her sisters had gone to their sister in law's funeral, and we weren't exactly sure where they were in Arkansas...

Turns out they are fine...they left Arkansas yesterday and got as far as St Joe, Missouri. Then the roads iced up and they had to stop at a hotel (less than an hour from one of the sisters' houses). They asked the hotel staff what the forecast was and heard that they were expecting 8 inches of snow. Now they are snowed in at the hotel...

So it's the four sisters, ranging in age (roughly) from 58 to 77 and Jenn, Aunt Cheryl's daughter, who is in her 20's...stuck in a hotel. With only basic cable and the card game Phase 10.

It's too bad they don't knit. That sounds like a pretty good deal if you've got yarn and needles with you...and what knitter, facing a road trip like that, would not have at least 2 projects along for the ride??

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think if I were snowed in at a hotel with my three sisters, it would be a total blast! As you said, I would *definitely* have my knitting. At least two projects, but probably more. I'd also have a novel and my iPod, and probably my laptop. But, my sisters are so fun, I probably wouldn't need any of them....except the knitting. :) And, we wouldn't have Phase 10, we'd have Boggle. My sister Danielle never travels without Boggle. She's addicted to it.

Gosh....suddenly I'm tempted to call my sisters and see if they are up for a road trip! :)

Michaela said...

They made it home safely...talked to gma last night...she was in Gibbon :) Love you.